Learn from the world experts in occlusion on this exclusive day-course in London | Saturday 9th October 2021.
Time to take your composite bonding, porcelain veneers, and implants to the next level by learning occlusion like you never have before...
The Occlusion Masterclass by Dr. Robert Kerstein & Dr. Ash Parmar is a unique course that will change how you approach occlusion making sure you get your composite bonding, porcelain veneers, and implants right the first time. Your goal should be to provide comfortable end results, long-lasting dentistry, and avoid expensive remakes! Dr. Robert B. Kerstein DMD is the world expert in digital occlusion and will be flying from the US to London to teach with Dr. Ash Parmar BDS for this exclusive masterclass. Dr. Kerstein is a pioneer and academic science advocate for digital occlusal technology. Recognized as a leading author and researcher in the field of Computerized Occlusal Analysis, Dr. Kerstein has published 83 peer-reviewed publications. about the T-Scan technology. Additionally, Dr. Kerstein has authored four textbook chapters that highlighted the many different applications the T-Scan computerized occlusal analysis technology has in daily dental practice.
This intensive day course will teach you the A-Z of occlusion from simple building blocks to more complex subjects. Teaching will focus on the practical application of occlusion concepts in general dental practice for composite bonding, porcelain veneers, wear cases, and implant dentistry making sure you produce predictable dentistry that lasts.
This is a once-in-a-decade chance to learn from Dr. Robert Kerstein and Dr. Ash Parmar face-to-face. The last time Dr. Kerstein came to the UK was in 2013! Make sure you don't miss out.
Both dentists will take you from the basics to the more complex subject matters over the day focusing on the practical application of occlusion in every day and cosmetic dentistry.
Topics covered by Dr. Ash Parmar:
- An introduction to basic occlusion principles in layman terms for general practice.
- How to do a detailed clinical and occlusal examination – learn what to look for to help in diagnoses.
- Intelligent use of articulating papers – precise details of which papers to use, as well as the limitations of just using articulating papers.
- When to use a facebow and articulator
- Practical demonstration of how to take a Kois facebow record and a Denar facebow record.
- Checking occlusion properly when doing a large composite or porcelain veneers case (8-10 units) – avoid restorations from breaking and expensive remakes in the long-term.
- Types of tooth wear and how to occlusal adjust to remove occlusal interferences.
- Treating a wear case: a step-by-step approach.
- Practical demonstration in how to take centric relation records using two reliable and reproducible techniques.
- How digital occlusion and measuring the force levels and the timing of occlusal contacts using T Scan has revolutionized dentistry.
- The importance of excellent digital occlusion records for medico-legal purposes.
- Practical demonstration of how easy it is to use T Scan – live demonstration of measuring occlusion digitally (far more precise and accurate than articulating papers alone).
Topics covered by Dr. Robert Kerstein:
- The benefits of digital dentistry compared to the traditional way of thinking about it. The mood in modern dentistry is to “go digital” – why not think like this when it comes to occlusion?
- Doing the paper mark challenge – discover the limitations of just using articulating papers alone (which is what most dentists do).
- Why it is important to focus on working in MIP, and the myth/problems associated with working positionally in other jaw positions.
- A review of important scientific studies and evidence to support the routine use of digital occlusion technology and what it means it your patients.
- Advanced diagnoses and treatment planning – how to become a better dentist and offer optimal dental care for your patients.
- Complications and failures in restorative, cosmetic, and implant dentistry – a review of many clinical cases and how to actually avoid problems
- How to help your patients who suffer from headaches, TMJ problems, and other issues – the concept of “Disclusion Time Reduction.”
Who is this masterclass for:
- This masterclass is aimed at dentists at any stage of their career looking to deeply understand occlusion related to composite bonding, porcelain veneers, wear, and implants cases.
- Suitable for any practice type - whether you're in an NHS or private practice, this course will teach you principles applicable to both.
- Enthusiastic final-year dental students.
The early-bird investment for this full-day, all-inclusive masterclass is £397 inc VAT. This rises to £447 after July 2021.
This course will be held at the Graduate Centre, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Rd, Bethnal Green, London E1 4NS.
This will be an intensive day-course from 09:00 - 17:30 on Saturday 9th October 2021.
The course is inclusive of refreshments and lunch.
This course will entitle you to 7 hours CPD on completion of our evaluation form.
It is the responsibility of each delegate to make arrangements should they need accommodation.
Please be aware that there are no refunds available under any circumstances for this day course. Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.